slow scanning with upgrade

dbarenberg

I recently did the upgrade to 7.5.370 and since then my backups and duplications have taken about 20 times as long to complete. I removed the permissions checking feature but I am still finding that scanning takes forever, although the backup or duplication is quick after the scan is complete. I am backing up material on a snap serve 4500 to external and internal hard drives and still on xp pro. I have made absolutely no changes to my configuration other than the upgrade(I wish I hadn't done). Anybody with an idea.

You must do this in your virus scanning program. I happened to have been using Kaspersky, but there will be an exclusion option in whatever program you are using. In Kaspersky I excluded "network scan" since that is what I was backing up. You need to exclude from the scan the drive you are duplicating or backing up. Hope that helps.

I use Kaspersky also--so i went into trusted zone under protection and made an exclusion rule for my f drive--Do you know how to use the exclusion only while backing up or is it active all the time. Also did you exclude all scans or just file virus scan. Also thanks for the info so far.

I don't think you need worry about leaving the exclusion on. You're not backing up your root drive, I assume. As far as whether to exclude all scans, it seems to me that your should use the fewest exclusions that solve your problem with retrospect. Perhaps you could explain how your f drive is attached. If you just have it attached externally and keep data like music on it, just do a manual scan every so often or after you add new data. Hope that helps.

Archived