Perpetual Spinning beachball when trying to restore from DVD-R

6.1 Retrospect Mac 0n G4 (Latest app & driver)

Trying to restore files- from ANY Disk or backup set - I get spinning beachball after inserting requested member of catalogue. Never comes out of it - have tried reinstalling - no change. It sees the hardware, asks for disk and then spinns on "Loading" restored succesfully from my ibook with another licensed copy at home, but thiss one just does not work (anymore - used to be 100%)

Help!

Stef

ADDED - IT ALSO GIVES ME THE BALL WHEN GOING INTO "DEVICES" from the "CONFIGURE" MENU

Quote:

Help!

You go first.

"Latest app & driver" would require readers to cross reference the date of your post against the release dates of the application and the RDU; how about you tell us exactly what software you're using?

"0n G4" only tells us the processor of your Macintosh; we can't possibly know anything else about your hardware configuration. Please provide specifics.

"ANY Disk or backup set" is confusing, since there is no "Disk Backup Set" in Retrospect for Macintosh. Please provide a complete description of your Retrospect configuration.

"used to be 100%" hints that something might have changed about your hardware; has it?

This sounds like a hardware configuration issue; we'll know more when you tell us more.

Dave

Archived