Upgrade from Retrospect Express to 7.5

susiefloosie

Hi,

I have bought a Maxtor One Touch III hard drive which comes with Retrospect Express HD - it was installed and working fine.

I have now bought and installed Retrospect 7.5. The first time I plugged in the Maxtor drive it worked fine and I ran my first backup using Retrospect 7.5.

However, now having disconnected and reconnected the Maxtor drive, when I plug it in, the Maxtor One Touch s/w says the disk is not partitioned and do I want to reformat it? (ie it looks like my PC can no longer see the drive).

I managed to get it working again by removing and then reinstalling the Maxtor One Touch s/w and Retrospect Express HD s/w which comes with it.

However, having again disconnected and reconnected the drive I have the same problem - Windows explorer cannot see the drive and the Maxtor One Touch s/w says the disk is not partitioned and do I want to reformat it?

The drive is working fine on my partner's computer which only has Retrospect Express HD installed.

So, how do I get my Maxtor One Touch drive to work reliably with Retrospect 7.5??

Yours, (VERY FRUSTRATED) Sue.

Archived