Assertion failure at mbpro.cpp-2245

Hallo,

i have a problem this the 'shifted' Job-Switch.

The switch 'shifted' in the activity-window is switched on, but grey (i have not shifted!). The X-switch in the symbol-bar is pressed.

if i click this, the following error occur: Assertion failure at mbpro.cpp-2245

i can not found any information to this error. Uninstall / reinstall / update was not helpfully. That is mbpro.cpp? where can i find a list this the error-codes?

thanks for help

jens

First thing what version of Retrospect are you running? Secondly I would make sure that you are up to date with whatever version you have http://emcinsignia.com/supportupdates/updates/. If you are up to date and still getting thist problem you can try recreating the configuration files which are located in C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\retrospect. With the program closed rename the Retrospect folder to Retrospectold and relaunch the program. This will be like installing having a fresh install of Retrospect so you will have to re enter your license codes and setup all of your scripts again.

If you receive an assertion failure the best option is always to pull the configuration file. Configuration files do corrupt but if you are backing up the c: drive of the backup server you have a copy of the configs in your backup.

It is not a bad idea to make a copy of your configuration files in a convenient place, I duplicate mine weekly to an external flash drive.

• 4 weeks later...