Error 1101, Backup Set not found

markogarrett

I am getting the error shown below when attempting a complete backup:

Log for Friday, November 24, 2006

Normal backup using DirectBackup at 11/24/2006 4:38 PM

Can’t access Backup Set RestorePoint2, error -1101 (file/directory not found)

11/24/2006 4:38:40 PM: Execution incomplete.

I have a Maxtor One Touch II external hard drive with Retrospect Express HD version 1.01.0020

I have downloaded and installed en_express_1_1_127.exe.

I do not have a RestorePoint2 folder on \Retrospect Restore Points\Retrospect

I have one restore point folder. The file list in the folder matches the file list shown in the Restore section of the Retrospect application.

I have rebuilt the Retrospect catalog by deleting the catalog that was present, and then re-opening the Retrospect application. No problems were reported when rebuilding the catalog

I ran chkdsk and no problems were found

I have searched the EMC Insignia knowledge base and forum and have not found a resolution to the problem. I saw issues with the same error, but they referred to backups over a network and I am running the backup locally, not over a network.

Any ideas on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem, with Retrospect 7.0 on four PCs, each running a local backup. Two of them have been working fine for months, and the other two are new installs (as tests to resolve this issue).

Manual backups and scheduled backups work fine if Retrospect is running. If I close Retrospect and allow the Launcher to handle the schedule, it loses knowledge of the DVD drive, reporting the same "can't access backup set" -1101 error until I stop the launcher service and restart retrospect again.

Did you ever get a response or fix? This is extremely frustrating.

thanks