Cannot choose files when restoring from FW File Backup

Hi

Just installed Retrospect Desktop 6.1.126 on Powerbook G4 with Tiger. Did File backup of startup volume to Firewire external hdd - file size 11.7GB. Tried an "immediate restore" for test purposes. When I reach the "execute" screen and select "files chosen" to select file, cursor changes to cogs and then spinning beach ball for a minute or so. Eventually, file hierarchy appears. Shows volume root and folders. Scrolling down the pane is *incredibly* slow. Main thing is I can't open any of the folders by clicking on the the grey right-arrow by the folder name, so can't select any files for restore. Any ideas?

stig

Quote:

I can't open any of the folders by clicking on the the grey right-arrow by the folder name

Sure you can; you're just clicking to fast.

Click and hold on the disclosure triangle until you see its state change (light grey to dark grey), then release.

Although I've seen this in the past (with a Mirrored Door G4), a sample Backup Set (Optical, 18 Gig, 80,300 files, 16 sessions, 2 Snapshots) I just tried with my Core Duo iMac showed no delay at all.