Use OS X to backup OS 9.0.4?

We've been using Retrospect for years, on up to 15 computers. We just got our first OS X system (dual Ghz Quicksilver 2002) and purchased an AIT tape drive for it. We want to back up other computers from the OS X box, but have not been successful so far.

I updated the client on a 9.0.4 box from 4.2A to 5.0.198, but when I try to access it from the OS X box: Configure>Clients>Network>Login (because it's not logged for some unknown reason), I get a dialog that says "Sorry can't login back up client -- an additional licence code is required in the license manager."

We have at least 15 client codes, and this one is updated. What gives?

Also, when attempting to define subvolumes on this box: Volumes>Subvolume nothing shows up in the directories window.

If we try Volumes>Browse, we get the Broswse window, but nothing except the drive name in the window (no sub-directories).

Please advise.

Thanks,

Michael

It sounds like you only have a 5.0 application on the OS X machine. You'll need to get 5.0-style upgraded license codes as well. You can upgrade your current clients at upgrade pricing, but you may prefer to get the Workgroup upgrade, as it will be more cost-effective, and will actually give you additional clients at no cost.

If I've misunderstood you, please provide details of how you obtained the version 5.0 application to run on the OS X machine, and what your license manager says on that application.

Thanks,

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Archived