Retrospect for Windows backup quit working

ronlepow

I have been backing up to a Maxtor hard drive for quite some time with Retrospect Express 6.0. Now I get an error box stating " Scanning encountered major errors-see log for details" . I click okay and it begins the duplicate program. It then gives me "Execution Incomplete" with 704 files completed and 6601 remaining.

The log says "trouble writing files error-1001 (unknown Windows OS error). The file listing shows it stopped in Spy Sweeper.

After viewing another posting, I looked for config60.dat (the other user had Retrospect 6.5 and the file was config65.dat). I thought I'd delete it and fix the problem. I couldn't find the file.

Can you help?

Hi,

Assuming you're on Windows XP, I believe Retrospect 6.0 was the first version to put the configuration files in their own directory. In which case you'll find them at C:/Documents and Settigns/All Users/Application Data/Retrospect. Application data is a hidden folder, so you'll need to modify your view settings to Show hidden files and folders.