new OSX update bug: my Filevault sparseimage is being backedup (even though turned off)

It seems at somepoint Retrospect started backing up sparseimages. Is this a 10.4.8 update issue? I have "Don't backup Filevault sparseimages" listed under Options (its checked). Are other people having this issue?

Please do not reply with critisisms of Filevault. I just need to figure out how to make it work.

The obvious solution is to make a selector to exclude *.sparseimage files, but the checkbox option should work.

I just double checked, and its including username.sparseimage (12.1 GB) when I do an immediate backup. The sources are just the "Users" directory selected as a volume. Selecting is no cache files and no cool items. Options are Verification on, data compression and Don't backup Filevault sparseimages. My Mac is a 1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo Mini running Mac OS X 10.4.8. Retrospect version 6.1.126 and Retrospect Driver Update, version 6.1.7.101.

Can I ask how does Retrospect identify the sparseimage?