TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\BACKUP_POOPY\Rtr1AE.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

echeng

Hello, all!

I have a Promise Connectstor II NAS, which is working fine (I can write and read files on it). It was working fine with firmware v1.0.0.8, but it has a 2GB file size limitation, which is unfortunate. So, I upgraded it to v1.0.0.14, which supports file sizes larger than 2GB.

I am using Retrospect Backup v5.6 on Windows XP Professional.

Now, using the "Duplicate" feature works, but backup does not, even with the simplest test case. Here's a log of me trying to back up my favorites folder. "Echengnas" is the name of the NAS box:

- 2/3/2003 7:28:44 PM: Copying Favorites on WinXP (C:)

MapError: unknown Windows error 124

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\BACKUP_POOPY\Rtr1AE.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\BACKUP_POOPY\Rtr1AF.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

2/3/2003 7:28:45 PM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 1089 files, 1,198 KB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\BACKUP_POOPY\poopy_files.rbf.rfc, winerr 124, error -1001

----

Any tips? This is highly unfortunate! frown.gif Thanks for any help you can offer...

Quote:

So, it turns out that I get the same error with Retrospect tries to delete a file when using the Duplicate feature

What happens if you manually drag a folder(s) over to the RAID through Windows Explorer and then try to delete them?

Is there any information in the Windows Event Log?

Quote:

What happens with a test backup to the C: drive?

No information in the event log, but good point about a test backup to the C: drive. I'll try that! (will be gone until Feb 28th, but will write again then!)

thanks for all your help...

• 3 weeks later...

It works perfectly to my local hard drive. This is starting to be really upsetting. frown.gif Will Retrospect 6.0 be any different than 5.6? I hesitate to upgrade if it may not work!!

Quote:

What happens with a test backup to the C: drive?

• 3 weeks later...

I've upgraded to the trial version of Retrospect Backup 6.0, and it is still failing with the same error. I guess Retrospect isn't the right backup program for me. frown.gif

---

- 3/23/2003 4:00:49 PM: Copying Travel - Vol 2 on Photos (E:)

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\TRANSIENT\test\Rtr24.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\TRANSIENT\test\Rtr25.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\TRANSIENT\test\Rtr26.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

TFileLoc::Delete: UDeleteFile failed, \\Echengnas\TRANSIENT\test\Rtr27.tmp, winerr 124, error -1001

3/23/2003 4:00:50 PM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 6181 files, 9.4 GB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:00:01 (00:00:01 idle/loading/preparing)

thanks for the suggestion! I've read it, and I have followed the directions properly, I believe. I *can* back up to it if I use the old Connectstor firmware, but each file is limited to 2GB, so it's not very useful. "DUplicate" works, in this instance.

However, when I update the Connectstor firmware, Retrospect stops working (with the above errors), but other backup programs work, and I can access files and folders on the box without any problems! frown.gif