Lite-On LTR-24102B

What is the mechanism of this drive? This information is available from Retrospect's Device Status window (from Configure > Devices), or from Apple System Profiler.

In general, Dantz goes through a rigorous qualification process with every drive we test. This means that not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. Some drives do not get qualified ever, and some take 6 months to a year to get support.

If the drive is not currently qualified, we have no way of telling if this drive will be supported or not, or when support may be added.

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

• 3 months later...

I actually have the same question. Here is the device information I have. I do hope Retorspect can support this device in time. Sooner would, of course, be better.

vendor: LITE-ON

product: LTR-24102b

Version: 5507

Driver: LiTE-ON CDRW (1.50)

This is a firewire device and while I can use it to burn CDRW under Mac OS X Retrospect 5 doesn't work with it (you get error 100 message). A snippet from a logfile:

Trouble writing: “1-Backup Set A” (262144), error 100 (device rejected command).

Couldn't erase disc, error 112 (can't erase/format media).

Archived