Retrospect doesn't retreive folders

Hi,

Could you elaborate a little? What version of Retrospect are you using? What OS is this on? When you perform the restore are you selecting 'Restore files from a backup' or 'Search for files and folders?' Are you saying all the files restored are in the same folder on your hard drive, without their folder structure? Or does the data restore with its folder structure into a single folder on the hard drive and you expect all the folders to go back to their correct locations on the hard drive?

Foster, thanks for replying.

I'm running retropect 6.1.126 on an xserve macintosh running mac osX server 10.4.6. I am restoring using 'search for files and folders'. Yes all of the file restore without their original folder structure. I dont have a problem with the destination folder when retreiving, just the dissappearing folder structure.

Hi,

It sounds like you backed up with snapshots turned off. Are you able to try and restore anything if you perform a 'Restore files from a backup' restore?

Check the properties of your backup set, go to Configure>Backup Sets>Configure>Snapshots tab and see if there is anything listed there.

• 2 weeks later...

The catalogues are backed up with Snapshots on. It seems to be a problem with the "minimal folder" option. Is there a way of resetting the preferences in retrospect without losing device configuration data? Should I reinstall?

Quote:

I am restoring using 'search for files and folders'.

The catalogues are backed up with Snapshots on.

Your Backup Set contains Snapshots, but "Search for files and folders" doesn't use them. Searching will find all items that match your search criteria, not just the ones from a specific backup Session.

You haven't provided much specific information, so it's impossible for others to attempt to recreat your steps.

A searching Restore can maintain folder structure on the Destination volume if you've selected "Restore files & folders" in the Destination Selection window; did you?

What/where is a "minimal folder" option?

Archived