Basic Client Question

Charles218

I am using Desktop Retrospect version 4.3 on my Mac OS 8.6. In addition to backing up my 8600, I would like to be able backup my son's iMac and my notebook computer, they are networked via ethernet. What do I need to purchase to do this? I have a friend with a old version, 1.? that includes several client licenses. Can I simply use the clients from that package with my version 4.3, or do I need updated clients along with the sever version of Retrospect? I am rather confused on all of this, and would be grateful for any assistance in figuring this out.

Very old clients will not work with your version of Retrospect. You'll need to purchase a 5-pack of clients to allow backup of the other computers to the computer you have running Retrospect.

Since you are most likely to find version 5.0 clients, you may need to call Customer Service at 888.777.5664. Alternately, for a limited time you can update your Desktop version to the Workgroup version (5.0) for $199. If you plan to update to OS X at any point, you'll need to do this, as 4.3 doesn't have OS X support. For about $75 more, you'll add the ability to back up ASIP or OS X server, and up to 20 computers running any OS, including OS X.

Hope this helps!

Archived