Retrospect doesnt fine FW HD

My iBook runs 10.4.5, Retrospect version 6.1.126.

I connect an iomega HDD via FireWire. The HD is partitioned into two partitions, one, labeled "system" contains an old 10.3.9 system, the other is erased and has not been assigned a name.

The two partitions mount on my desktop, and can be found via the System Profiler. I can manually copy files to and from them.

The problem is that they are not detected by Retrospect. If I do Configure -> Devices the only thing listed is my internal DVD-drive.

I have created a backupset with a removable disk, but the script is stopped because no storage device is found.

What am I missing here?

/Magnus

Quote:

I have created a backupset with a removable disk

Don't.

Make a File Backup Set, save it on your partition, and use that for Backups.

Using a hard drive as a removable device is possible if you configure your Preferences to recognize such drives. But given the configuration you have stated, a File Backup Set is probably more appropriate for you.

Dave

Now Retrospect consumes all of the processor and is displayed as "not answering" in activity manager.

Why does Retrospect toast my processor, it was the same with my previous iBook and 10.3.9?

And then, suddenly it answers again, and the copying to my externa HD commences.

/Magnus

Quote:

Now Retrospect consumes all of the processor and is displayed as "not answering" in activity manager.

Why does Retrospect toast my processor, it was the same with my previous iBook and 10.3.9?

And then, suddenly it answers again, and the copying to my externa HD commences.

/Magnus

Hi.

Because Retrospect needs to prepare the backup, match files against already backup up files, make a data structure containg all files to be backed up, etc, etc...

It happens to all of us.

Regards

Lennart