Moving backup set to new raid drive.

I all seems so simple! Then the gotchya's come out.... 

On the rebuild, when adding the member im not getting anything contained within the retrospect folder. I click the carrot and nothing is shown..... So i can select a member to rebuild....

Maybe i should start from scratch deleting the media set, cat, and script. Just love the bumps in the road....Its a way of life really....

This was happening before. The nothing in the ret folder as it shows in the app. 

Screenshot 2019-01-11 11.45.26.png

On 1/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, bradp015 said:

>deleted safe media set, cat, files on the drive. Then created all new safe items. Media set, disk member with 99% use, copy media set script with correct options checked/unchecked. run the copy media script... 

At some point in the script run, almost at the end Ret pauses and give the "select new media" message. The original media set is 1.15TB in size. The new safe media set is 1.15TB in size. (as the finder reports after the script pauses for a new media member). So the script must be very close to the end. The safe media set drive has 1.7TB available to use. When I go to the SET's page in Ret, select the disk member and click the pencil tool to see how much is allocated for storage, the numbers are very low (44%) and not how i set them when setting up the member in the media set. (i set to 99%)

Im a bit puzzled why the "use at most" size setting has changed. It did the same thing in Ret 9, and it asked for a new member when I tried doing the copy media set with vers 9. hmmmm...

I do have my old media set on the drive but even with it there, should be plenty of room for the new safe set im trying to do. (as per your instructions). I would be open to deleting all files (my very original media set i had on this single drive) on the 4TB HD and start over if that is the problem. 

Here's a thread I just found, entitled "Disk Media Sets Have Wrong Free, Capacity Columns", discussing the problem for Retrospect Mac 9.  If you search the cumulative Release Notes for Retrospect Mac,  there are several entries containing the word "capacity".  However the only one with much relevance seems to be "Fixed: Media Set available capacity lists correct values (#5370)" for the Retrospect Mac 12.0 Console.

• Thanks 1

David, 

Thanks for do all that searching. Helpful! 

i have another 4TB drive on the way and plan to try a "copy media set" again. Im not sure why it unmounted during the copy before. If i can get that solved ill be able to move on, hopefully.

At least with the 2 4TB drives i can have a safe copy aside from the Raid copy media set trial. 

The unexpected unmounting of the raid drive gave a bit of panic. So I feel I need at least a finder copy of it somewhere before screwing with the raid again. 

b

12 minutes ago, bradp015 said:

David, 

Thanks for do all that searching. Helpful! 

i have another 4TB drive on the way and plan to try a "copy media set" again. Im not sure why it unmounted during the copy before. If i can get that solved ill be able to move on, hopefully.

At least with the 2 4TB drives i can have a safe copy aside from the Raid copy media set trial. 

The unexpected unmounting of the raid drive gave a bit of panic. So I feel I need at least a finder copy of it somewhere before screwing with the raid again. 

b

Wait a minute, bradp015.  You had your RAID drive unmount?  Is it a NAS server, and was it while running Retrospect Mac 9?  The cumulative Retrospect Mac Release Notes say, for Retrospect Mac 12.0, "Fixed: Changing the media set 'Use at most' option when backing up to a NAS no longer results in a media request (#3861)".