Cannot Backup "Program Files" Directory

Retrospect 9.5 Server on Win7 Pro.

Retrospect is installed on it's own drive, (best practice) ( Not the C:\ System Drive) in the folder "Program Files"

There are also folders for Retrospect Catalogs, Reports, and Resources, plus a bunch of other assorted folders

I have a script to backup the Retrospect Server Volume with a Selector which includes everything except the other assorted folders.

I have just discovered that the "Program Folders" folder is never backed up.

I tried variations of the Selector Explicitly including "Program Files" and Including Windows Special Folders "Program Files" but no matter what I try it will not backup that folder.

I suspect that Retro recognises "Program Files" as being a special Windows Folder, and the Windows Special Folders Selector expects those folder to be on the System Drive.

This could be a major issue as many Server applications are installed on non system Drives in a "Program Files" folder. which could prevent retrospect from properly backing up in these situations.

Any thoughts or ideas?

In my experience, this is most likely an error in your selector. Even if you include all files (and specific folders) , there is an exclusion that prevents those folder from being backed up.

I would try starting with making a copy of "All files except cache files" and start from there. (And if "All files except cache files does not work "as is", there is another problem.)