"Select Backup Set Member" after new Windows installation-but backup set resides on different drive

x509

Due to huge corruption issues with Microsoft Outlook, their tech support told me to erase and reformat my Windows installation.  (Windows 10 64, latest updates.)  I used this change as an opportunity to resize the Windows partition and another partition on the same volume.  My Backup 2017 volume is a separate 4 TB HDD.

Before erasing the old Windows installation, i copied off the \ProgramData\Retrospect folder and restored this folder after doing the new Retrospect installation.  I am running Retrospect 11.5 Professional.  As a result, I was able to preserve all my scripts, subfolders, and Source Groups.

However, whenever I tried to do a Backup operation, Retrospect complains that it cannot find the target Backup Set member:

post-29433-0-21658700-1499879710_thumb.png

So I selected the backup drive, which is G:.  Notice that I can actually see the target Backup Set member.

post-29433-0-83460600-1499879773_thumb.png

post-29433-0-85567200-1499879875_thumb.png

Doing Properties on this member, everything seems OK.

post-29433-0-67522700-1499879926_thumb.png

So I drilled down through the directory structure to that specific backup Member, but I still can't select it for backup.

post-29433-0-22428700-1499880013_thumb.png

So I have no way to run the backup, it seems.

I even set Configure > Devices to ignore the driveID of the backup drive.

WHAT do I do now?  I'm even willing to upgrade to Version 12 if that fixes the problem.

x509

• Like 1

I entered "select backup set member" into the Advanced Search (gear icon on the top right of the page, on the same line where "IPS Community" appears on the left) Find Words box, including the quotes, and selected "Windows Products—Retrospect" from the Find in Forum dropdown.  Take a look at this thread, x509, especially posts #5 and following.

• Like 1

I entered "select backup set member" into the Advanced Search (gear icon on the top right of the page, on the same line where "IPS Community" appears on the left) Find Words box, including the quotes, and selected Windows Products—Retrospect" from the Find in Forum dropdown.  Take a look at this thread, x509, especially posts #5 and following.

Funny, because when I did a search, I came up with nothing.

That thread was spot-on.  I just recreated two backup sets from files on disk, and then backup operations proceeded without incident.

I didn't mention that I ran into the same issue of "backup set not found" when I tried to do a restore.  I'm hoping that I can now do restores without incident.

x509