Just downloaded the upgrade to 6.0.193 from 5.0.238....

Running MAC OS X Ver. 10.3.4 Dual 1.25 GHz G4 with 2 Gigs of Ram....ATAPI CD Drive (Phillips) which says is supported...

Anyway....I launch the program, do an immediate backup, choose and create a new backup set, blah blah blah....The program scans my source drives fine, comes up and says insert a blank disk, it will be named blah blah blah....I insert the disk and hit proceed and nothing happens.....nothing except the Spinning Beach ball of Death and when I go to force quit I get a fatal error and have to hold down the power key to reboot....

This has happened twice. Any ideas?

PS. I did download the latest driver 5.6.102 I believe it says.

Any help would be appreciated.

Retrospect 5.0.238 and driver update 3.6 worked properly using my laptop running 10.2.8 and a firewire drive.

One of the main reasons I upgraded to 6.0 was to use my new Dual G4 running Panther to make backups.

So, to answer the question, this is the first time I have tried to backup using this particular drive. If it means anything, I can burn CDs fine through the finder.

And, yes, I did run a configuration manually using configure->devices->device status.

You're welcome,

Ralph