No connection with Retrospect iOS

cfieldgate

Hi,

A short while ago I rebuilt my backup PC (which runs Retrospect Desktop) with Windows 8 (don't go there, please). As my backups run nightly I don't often use Retrospect for iOS but I tried it today and it no longer connects.

I note that when I try to "Add a Server" with the "+" icon it asks for "Server" and "Password". Previously I recall I just put in my backup PC's IP address. So, what password should I be using?

It has been a while since I have connected the iOS App to a new instance of Retrospect but I think the password I used was the one for the account that Retrospect is running under on Windows.

Update: Just used the iOS App to connect to a test installation of Retrospect Desktop 9.5.2 running on Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 9879). I connected using the IP address of the machine and the password of the user account running Retrospect. May be it is a quirk of my setup but it did take around two minutes for the initial connection to be made.

Edited by Scillonian