Signing compatibility of existing products for Mavericks 10.9.5

Hello;

We’re preparing ourselves to make sure all our software vendors will have updated binaries for the new signing requirements in the forthcoming update to OS X Mavericks, version 10.9.5. Quote from tech note TN2206:

Beginning with OS X version 10.9.5, there will be changes in how OS X recognizes signed apps. Version 1 signatures created with OS X versions prior to Mavericks will no longer be recognized by Gatekeeper and are considered obsolete. Important: For your apps to run on updated versions of OS X they must be signed on OS X version 10.9 or later and thus have a version 2 signature.

Following the instructions from the tech note on using spctl, testing the Retrospect 10.5.0 (145) client on OS X 10.9.4 yielded not the error we’ve seen for most other apps that need a new signature (and that’s referenced in the tech not), but this one :

/Applications/Retrospect/Retrospect.app: a sealed resource is missing or invalid 

Will there soon be updated server and — especially — client binaries that we can upgrade to before 10.9.5 is available?

Under no circumstances will we reduce our safety by disabling GateKeeper.

Thanks!

Paul

Did you try Retrospect 11.0.1?

I didn't get anything similar from that version if I run "spctl -a Retrospect.app"

Not yet — I imagine that means it’s a free upgrade from 10.5 with software maintenance? Would you be willing to post the output of the command with the options from the Tech Note?

spctl -a -t exec -vv Retrospect.app

Thanks!

Paul

Not yet — I imagine that means it’s a free upgrade from 10.5 with software maintenance? Would you be willing to post the output of the command with the options from the Tech Note?

spctl -a -t exec -vv Retrospect.app

Thanks!

Paul

Retrospect.app:  accepted

source=Developer ID

origin=Developer ID Application:  Retrospect, Inc.

Thanks for all your responses, Maser, very much appreciated.

And, yes, 11.0 should be a free upgrade with software maintenance (AFAIK...)

Hmm, we didn’t renew our software maintenance because version 10.5 fully supported OS X 10.9, and we’ve only finally migrated to Mavericks a month ago (and plan to stay on it for the next year).

So I’m back to my original problem : needing Retrospect to produce compatibly-signed binaries available for version 10.5 (no code changes, only a new signature), so that it’s stays fully compatible with OS X 10.9. Thanks!