Retrospect 7.7.620 hangs after performing backups

I have a problem with Retrospect that I don't know how to solve.  In the last couple of months, Retrospect does not shut down properly after it finishes backing up all of my clients.  In the preferences--> Startup section, I do have "Exit" selected so I would expect it to terminate after completing backing up all of the clients.  When I try to launch retrospect, I see the activity monitor and it says something like "Retrospect is active in another users session".  I can see Retrospect.exe in the task manager.  It does not appear to have any CPU usage but there is some I/O being shown.   It can sit like this for a week or more (and has) and until I take action and restart it with the activity monitor, no clients will be backed up.  When it is restarted, it immediately starts backing up the clients. 

My Retrospect version is: 7.7.620

Running on Windows 7 Professional SP1  (AMD AthlonIIX4 635 Processor, 4Gb Ram)

Here is a snippet of the operations log where you can see the last machine being backed up....and then nothing until I restarted it with the activity monitor the next morning.  

5/19/2014 5:44:40 PM: Snapshot stored, 47.0 MB
5/19/2014 5:45:57 PM: 25 execution errors
Remaining: 25 files, 123.2 MB
Completed: 78 files, 744.0 MB, with 77% compression
Performance: 295.6 MB/minute
Duration: 00:08:48 (00:06:16 idle/loading/preparing)

Exit at 5/20/2014 8:43 AM

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks -- Jeff Gaiche

• Like 1