scheduling problem

Is it possible to create a schedule that will start on a specific date, backup each day for week, then not run again for another week?

I have tried this, several times, and it just does not seem to work correctly.

I have two sets of tapes, which get rotated weekly, on a friday. I then set my backup to begin Friday so any large data backups happen over the weekend, then smaller incremental backups will happen throughout the rest of the week.

The problem i am having is that when i come in on Monday, the backup has happened, but the next backup date is at least a week away...when it should be tonight!

The schedules are set to repeat "weekly, every 2 weeks on every day" -

It looks as if Retrospect wants each week to start on Sunday, so if i choose to start Friday, it behaves as if i am starting at the end of the week and will only run backups until the end of the week...

I should be able to set when the week starts..ie. If i start on Friday, then there should be 7 backups before the schedule pauses for a week, then the next set starts up in a weeks time.

Is there any way i can set this scheduling up, because it is really annoying to have to rewrite my scripts on Monday morning every week!

adam

Is it possible to create a schedule that will start on a specific date, backup each day for week, then not run again for another week?...  It looks as if Retrospect wants each week to start on Sunday, so if i choose to start Friday, it behaves as if i am starting at the end of the week and will only run backups until the end of the week... 

Yes, Retrospect always considers the week to begin on Sunday. You can't change that, but there is a simple way to deal with it, which is to create multiple schedulers for your backup script. 

We rotate weekly between two tape media sets, A and B, and change the tapes every Thursday, which can be done with four schedulers, all set to repeat every two weeks. One scheduler backs up to set A Thursday through Saturday, the second to set A Sunday through Wednesday, the third to set B Thursday through Saturday, and the fourth to set B Sunday through Wednesday. Provided the correct starting date is set for each schedule, the rotation works perfectly. A similar arrangement should meet your needs. 

• Like 2