Retrospect client exiting with Code 1 and respawning continuously

I recently upgraded from V10.5 to V11.0.0 (194). I'm running on an imac using OS X 10.6.8.

My console log shows a tremendous number of messages pertaining to the Client:

3/25/14 5:07:33 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[197] (com.retrospect.clientapp[21774]) Exited with exit code: 1

3/25/14 5:07:33 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[197] (com.retrospect.clientapp) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

3/25/14 5:07:41 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.retrospect.retroclient[21777]) posix_spawn("/Library/PreferencePanes/Retrospect Client.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/retroclient", ...): No such file or directory

I tried to follow the upgrade instructions as closely as possible during the upgrade but clearly, something didn't go right.

The Retrospect Backup Engine in the System Preferences shows V11.0.0 (194).

Other than completely uninstalling and starting over, is there a straightforward way to address this? My searching of earlier posts (V8) talked about using an uninstaller for the client which I don't find in the V11.0 download.

There's an uninstaller that will take out everything but the config and media set files, but that seems a little drastic. Still, that'll be my next step if there's no other way.

Thanks in advance,

Alan Glendinning