Jump to content

Has anybody else tested *restore* speed with 10.5 on Mac OSX 10.9?

Recommended Posts

I had 4 test FIleMaker database files.   I back things up to a disk media set on a Thunderbolt RAID connected to a Mac Mini -- (no tapes, no DVDs, etc..)


If I restore them to the HD of the Retro 10.5 engine computer (running 10.9), the restore finish at a speed of approximately 1,100MB/min.   This is about what I would expect.



If I restore the same 4 files to the HD of my client computer (also running 10.9) over Gigabit Ethernet -- the files restored at about 100 times *slower*:   10.8 MB/min.



I tried this restore-to-client restore twice (after having rebooted both client and server machine).



This seems awfully slow.   Has anybody else gotten similar slow restore speeds after upgrading to 10.9?


Or have I just not restored anything directly to a client in a while that I've just not noticed this?    



  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The odd thing -- I tried another media set and had weirder results...


I restored one database file (5G in size) from this other media set -- restore speed was 1.2G/min.


I then restored a mysql instance from /usr/local/<mysql directory> -- 180M -- and the restore speed was back down to 12M/min.


Something is not right here...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...