Migrating Retro 8 to Retro 10

Apologies if this is obvious or implicit in the documentation, but I could not find it addressed here in the forums. I have a mac mini running OS X 10.6.5 and Retrospect 8.2(399) with disk media backups on external drives. I am going to replace the mac with a new mac mini running OS X 10.8.5 and Retrospect 10.5.0 (145). I have moved the settings and catalogs from the old to the new machine (and these appear to be OK), but before I connect the external drives I want to confirm that Retro 10.5 will be able to read and write to the disk media sets on the external drives. I don't want to lose nearly a year's backups of many computers in the migration. 

Thanks.

Ron

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. I've just moved the disk media backups and their catalogs to the 10.5 retrospect server (from a retrospect 8 server) and run a successful backup. I do now have a question about client version compatibility but I'll put that into a new thread.

Thanks,

Ron