email notification broken

When I tell it to send a test message, it always works, and I get the message just fine.  But whenever it tries to send an email notification during an activity it always fails with the message: 

E-mail notification failed: error -597 ( mail server not found)

I have tried turning email notification off and back on and still I get the same behavior.

What would cause this inconsistent behavior?  This has been happening daily, for months.

• Like 1

Sorry about the email issues. What version of the product are you using? There was a bug in a previous update that caused that sort of inconsistent behavior, so be sure to update to the latest version (10.5). It's free (and faster).

If you still see the problem, please contact our support team with your email setup to figure out what the issue is.

I'm using 10.1.  I tried upgrading, but every time I do, after it completes the download, I get a dialog saying "Update Error!  An error occurred while extracting the archive.  Please try again later."

You might try downloading the installer directly from the Retrospect website rather than trying to update through the Retrospect app.