Jump to content

Upgraded client OS, now getting error -525 (wrong client)

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I recently upgraded a client machine from CentOS 5.9 to CentOS 6.4 (x86_64). The installation for the Retrospect client worked once the x86 libraries were installed:


yum install libgcc.i686

rpm -i Linux_Client-7_6_100.rpm

However, the Retrospect server (v8.2.0 399) throws an error when running any scripts with that client as a source. The error thrown is -525 (wrong client found at that address).


This error seems understandable but I'm wondering what my next steps should be. I have seen it suggested on the forums that I should remove the source and re-add it. Would this break or remove my scripts and/or media sets?




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply.


By removing the client, I'm assuming you mean removing it as a source. No, I have not tried that yet, primarily because I am worried that it would remove my scripts and/or media sets. There is also my worry that even if the scripts and media sets remain, associating the old scripts and media sets with the 'new' client will not work.


I have had lots of trouble with media sets e.g. a script forgets its media set so I add it back only to have the script refuse to use the media set. In those cases I usually end up creating new scripts and/or media sets (with new names because Retrospect does not seem to like you using previously used names even after deleting scripts/media sets). I would like to avoid that trouble here as this client (a large file server) has many associated scripts and media sets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could try refreshing the client by just adding it again without removing it first. I know that if you have a client with multiple IP addresses and when you add it a second time it uses the second IP address so just re-adding the client might be all you need to do. You would not have to change any scripts as Retrospect would only be updating the client's information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried refreshing the client but that did not work (it does have multiple IP addresses as it happens). I ended up removing and re-adding the Source, redefining the favorite folders, and tying up the scripts to the folders. Most of the scripts now seem to be working although I am getting a few -1101 errors. I think I know how to fix those though.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...