Scheduled backups "Deferred"

PHP_User

Hardware - Software versions:

Window 2003 server Standard Edition SP2

Retrospect Multi Server V. 7.6.123 driver update and hot fix v 7.6.2.101

Tandberg Data LTO-4

Adpatec Ultra320 SCSI card

We bought a new tape drive, to replace our defective Quantum loader we had. I kept getting either:

Bad Backup Set header found (0x79007300 at 75,823,078)

or

Trouble reading: "New Backups set 1" (657862), error -102 (trouble communicating)

Messages.

Tandberg Data had me update the Adaptec driver, and disable the drivers on the tape drive.

I tried to do my first backup test after these changes (I first powered down the server and tape drive, then powered up the tape drive, then started the server).

I edited one of my scheduled backups and now it tells me under Scheduled Executions "Deferred".

Why is it Deferred and how do I get it to run as scheduled?

Also, I used to have 4 backup scripts that I ran weekly and had 2 sets of tapes that I "recycled" each week.

This larger tape drive allows me to use just 2 tapes now (that I want to recycle weekly like I did before).

New Backup Set 1 (I have 2 tapes labelled "New backup Set 1 A and New backup Set 1B)

New Backup Set 2 (I have 2 tapes labelled "New backup Set 2 A and New backup Set 2B)

So I can keep them sorted when I change them out.

I kept getting errors asking me to insert tape X when I came in the next morning. (which I know is a seperate issue from the above ones, but wanted to clarify that I am doing this correctly).

Do I need to add both the 1A and 1B tapes as a "member" to my backup sets (which I run as a scheduled backup)?

I am a little confused on this, and the "deferred" warning stops me from running the scripts to see if the driver updates fixed the communication problems.

I know this is a lot, but I am hoping the answers are fairly straight-forward.

Thanks,

Don