Jump to content

since upgrade to 10.1 email notification with two addresses fails


Recommended Posts

Hi everybody,

when we upgraded to 10.1 email notification stopped working though testing the email settings (button at Retrospect's settings section) works perfectly.

I tested a lot and found the problem might be with the "To:"-address(es): Everytime we filled the field with our (formerly perfectly working) two mail-addresses, the log shows error -597( mail server not found). Each address used separately works, instead.

But again: Testing the email settings with both addresses filled in works.

May anybody confirm this? Is this a bug?

Regards,

Olaf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: To address(es): Everytime we filled the field with our (formerly perfectly working) two mail-addresses, the log shows error -597( mail server not found)

 

So far we can't reproduce this issue.

 

- Other than those generated by "Send Test E-mail", are you not getting any email notifications at all in this case?

- If you restart the Engine and then restart Console, do the E-mail preferences look correct while still getting no email?

- Please include screenshot showing the E-mail preferences screen while the cursor is in the "To address(es):" field showing how the first address is separated from the second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Too bad, you can't reproduce our problem. Perhaps my answers and screenshots may get us any further.

 

...
are you not getting any email notifications at all in this case?

 

No. Neither e-mail-address got a new message then. The only confirmation of Retrospect was trying to send e-mails is in its logs

post-45863-0-47043200-1364899390_thumb.png

post-45863-0-23290800-1364899419_thumb.png

 

Unfortunately, the logs didn't get more detailed with increased "SetNetworkingLogging"-value of "retro.ini" from 3 to 7.

 

...
do the E-mail preferences look correct while still getting no email?

 

Yes, they do. Even after a restart of the RetroEngine they look exactly like they did before we upgraded.

post-45863-0-78098900-1364899358_thumb.png

post-45863-0-11512100-1364899375_thumb.png

post-45863-0-81437500-1364899403_thumb.png

 

...
showing how the first address is separated from the second.

 

The separator didn't change from before the upgrade: It's a comma without leading or following blank.

 

Any idea?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also having this problem with a single email address. I have tried putting a semi-colon before and after the address, but this does not fix the problem. This started with the 10.1 upgrade. I can send an test message from the preference window, just not email from the backups.

 

Thanks

Don

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To also chime in with dsadams and robock -- since upgrading to 10.1.0 (221), I no longer receive email notifications and see the following error in my log files:

 

"E-mail notification failed: error -597 ( mail server not found)"

 

 

I am using a single email address.  The information is correct and did not change from my 10.0 version, which worked correctly.  When I do a DNS lookup with the mail server domain copy/pasted, I get the IP address as expected.  I am also able to login with the same credentials supplied in Retrospect with my mail application.

 

The odd part is that if I click the "Send Test E-mail" button in the preference, it works fine.  It only fails with the error I mentioned during script execution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...