catalog missing

I am trying to get a backup system up and running on an off-site disk that is provided by my internet provider. I can access the destination disk either by WebDAV in the Finder or by an ftp address. In both cases I am able to set up the destination mediaset, and execute an initial backup, however systematically after the first backup, the mediaset becomes invalid claiming that the catalog is missing. This seems pretty weird as I can see the catalog either in the Finder with the WebDAV connection or in Cyberduck using ftp. Is there something here I am not catching on to ?

Hmm. No-one seems to be having the same problem. What's even weirder is that after the initial backup, Retrospect can no longer even locate the folder where the backup and catalog are. The folder becomes perfectly invisible for Retrospect even though I can easily access it via the Finder or Cyberduck with the ftp address.

• 2 weeks later...
I can see the catalog either in the Finder with the WebDAV connection or in Cyberduck using ftp.

The design of Retrospect Disk Media Sets is to maintain the Catalog file separately from any Member of the Media Set. You'll notice that the default location for new Media Sets is /Application Support/Retrospect, so that might be a good idea in your case, too.