retro10: no obvious way to stop an errant groom operation

davidduff

hitting "stop" in the activities view with a grooming operation selected does not stop the selected operation.

i have a runaway groom operation that is crashing retroengine. every time it crashes, it restarts itself and comes back trying to do the same groom. hitting the stop button seeming accomplishes nothing. the status of the task switches to "please wait...", then nothing happens for a while. then the engine eventually crashes again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hitting "stop" in the activities view with a grooming operation selected does not stop the selected operation.

i have a runaway groom operation that is crashing retroengine. every time it crashes, it restarts itself and comes back trying to do the same groom. hitting the stop button seeming accomplishes nothing. the status of the task switches to "please wait...", then nothing happens for a while. then the engine eventually crashes again.

If it helps you, know that you're not alone. I filed a topic about this same problem before I found your post. I did mine by accident not meaning to start a groom, but once started, we have the same result. HANG. You can watch my topic, I've followed yours. Maybe whoever gets some good advice can refer it... Good luck.

Henry

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a runaway groom, I think you should be able to stop it by first stopping the engine and then relocating the catalog file. When you restart the engine, the process won't be able to find the catalog file and then abort the groom.

You will likely have to rebuild the catalog before you can do anything with the media set again, but it depends where the groom was when you stopped things...