Exchange 2007 backup problems again

my backup program has once again stopped backing up my exchange 2007 server mail boxes and some databases i am really starting to question the the reliability of retrospect to back up exchange 2007

we have already had a exchange failure and a good backup was not available

the latest problems seem to be

+ Normal backup using exchange mailbox inc at 5/15/2012 6:22 AM (Execution unit 2)

Script error: no source volumes specified

5/15/2012 6:22:11 AM: Execution incomplete

also

+ Recycle backup using exchange tape reset E1-E2 at 5/14/2012 4:50 PM (Execution unit 2)

To Backup Set Backup tape E2...

Can't access volume repair on telstar-ex2, error -505 (backup client reserved)

Can't access volume exchange os (W:) on telstar-ex2, error -505 (backup client reserved)

Can't access volume exchange information store (X:) on telstar-ex2, error -505 (backup client reserved)

5/14/2012 4:50:08 PM: Execution incomplete

now i have been able to get the exchange diabase and mail boxes to run successfully by rebooting the exchange server and the backup server (retrospect) and it will run at least 1 time correctly thru the cycle

all this started when the system failed the backup and wrote a 70gb log file on my c: drive of the exchange server and effectively crashed the system drive

both servers are 64bit exchange is a client the rbu account is a valid domain admin with mail box i cant keep rebooting my exchange server every other day

any suggestions????

bmannc