Windows Vista/7 client countdown?

Richy_Boy

Sooo, the OS has been out a little while now, any chance we can get a client that can display the backup countdown screen without trying to switch back to basic graphics mode in the OS?

Would be great to see some kind of roadmap for this product, which I guess would have changed a little since the whole Roxio > Retrospect Inc thing?

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, the OS has been out a little while now, any chance we can get a client that can display the backup countdown screen without trying to switch back to basic graphics mode in the OS?

Would be great to see some kind of roadmap for this product, which I guess would have changed a little since the whole Roxio > Retrospect Inc thing?

Richard

Or perhaps a system tray icon with the current status and last line of the history. One of the biggest complaints are users have is the lack of "interface" on the client side. We've bee looking at moving to a new backup solution like CrashPlan, Symantec, or Acronis. All of these have a more in depth user interface that show what's being backed up, the status of the files that we're last backed up, when a scan is running, and the last time a scan last ran.

Yeah, you pay more for these products (in some cases, A LOT MORE), but they do seem to be more intuitive and have more up-to-date feature sets that help to limit overall backup storage and managment thanks to block level file checking and automated file set verfication.

The other day I was showing someone the retrospect server and he mentioned that it looked exactly like the home version he was using 10 years ago!