Jump to content

Losing assigned tags


Recommended Posts

So tags in v.8 were flaky and inconsistent, but v.9 seems to be consistently losing it's settings. I'm starting a new backup set and script. I have a bunch of volumes that I tag as "SAN" and then I set the script to backup the "SAN" volumes. I then run the script, wait about 10 minutes and then quit the Console. When I run the Console again, all the volumes that have not been backed up yet loses it's "SAN" tag.

 

Is this a bug? Anyone found a workaround?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So tags in v.8 were flaky and inconsistent, but v.9 seems to be consistently losing it's settings. I'm starting a new backup set and script. I have a bunch of volumes that I tag as "SAN" and then I set the script to backup the "SAN" volumes. I then run the script, wait about 10 minutes and then quit the Console. When I run the Console again, all the volumes that have not been backed up yet loses it's "SAN" tag.

 

Is this a bug? Anyone found a workaround?

I just checked and there appears to be a cosmetic bug with viewing tags in the retrospect 9.0.1 console.

 

We have successfully used tags that were created in Retrospect 8.2 and accessed in Retro 9.0.1. Our backups have been accessing the tagged volumes as expected, so I had no reason to view them in the console. When I did so just now, I noticed that virtually all of our source volumes and favorite folders were being displayed incorrectly as having no tags selected.

 

I then experimented and found that if I selected a tag different that what has been assigned to the volume and then waited a bit to allow the console and engine to communicate, the volume would eventually display both with its correct previously-selected tags and with the newly-added tag. Sometimes I would have to check and uncheck the new tag a couple of times before the console would update and display the correct tags.

 

It's pretty clear that there is some sort of issue that's causing the Retro 9.0.1 console to fail to populate with all of the parameters that are known to the engine. With tags, I was able to get the tags to display correctly in the console by sending changed tag information to the engine as described above.

 

With other missing parameters (like the ongoing failure to list media set members that was supposedly fixed in Retro 9.0.1), I haven't yet come up with a quick fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...