Client-related Server preferences not sticking

Here is my problem: Retrospect Server 9.0x (latest version) running on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2, the Client settings don't stick. I can check all the "allow clients to..." checkboxes in the Server preferences, but they don't do anything client-side and, if I quit and relaunch the console app, the boxes are unchecked... Meaning I can't allow my clients to abort a backup, trigger a restore or simply deactivate Retrospect Client!

That plus the fact that, sometimes, even if the Server is not doing anything (no Activity currently running), the RetroEngine eats up 80%+ of the machine it's running on, and I can't turn the Server off from the OSX preference pane, I have to kill it using a terminal command while sudo rooting.

Way to go Retrospect. Although it IS nice finally having a real 64bits, Lion ready version.

Also, I'd really like to know two things:

1) why are the retrospect server preferences still stored in the old cryptic format and not using the standard XML .plist format?

2) why in Hell are OPERATION LOGS stored in the Config80.dat file, mine grew up to 20MB!

and 3) now that Retrospect is version 9.x, maybe that file should be called Config90.dat?

Note: this problem is mentioned in another thread about another server issue: http://forums.retrospect.com/index.php?/topic/147522-clients-v9-cant-back-up-now-only-work-as-schedule-proactive/