Client Restore?

darrensen

Hi,

How does this work?

"Laptop/Desktop users quickly back up and restore important files on demand without IT support"

I take it the client needs an app installed or something?

Thanks

Yes, you must install the Retrospect Client first. Then the user can initiate backups and restores. (You must also have the Retrospect server properly set up.  ;)  )

Yes, you must install the Retrospect Client first. Then the user can initiate backups and restores. (You must also have the Retrospect server properly set up.  ;)  )

Sorry i see what you mean. I thought they were talking about restoring or requesting a restore from a server.

I understand now that restores can only be made for backups on their machine.

Guest Steve Maser

Sorry i see what you mean. I thought they were talking about restoring or requesting a restore from a server.

I understand now that restores can only be made for backups on their machine.

To clarify:

The new Retrospect 9 client can request to restore it's own backups *from the backup server* -- but only for that client's backups. You can't request on a client to restore files from another client's backups. To do that, you'd have to run the restore *from the server*.