How Do I Rebuild From One Drive In A Media Set?

Ok, so I have a backup set that is using hard drives as its media. Currently, the BackupSet is on its third drive (for this backup set). The problem is that I am starting to get errors on the third drive in the set, so I would like to replace the drive and either A: rebuild from the third drive only, or B: retrieve all files from JUST the third drive (not the first two). If I can retrieve everything from the drives, I could then start a new backup set.

On a side note, is there a way to "see" inside the .RDB files? pOr is there a way to "see" inside the retrospect 6 database files? I don't have anything copy protected since its just my home files, and not a big work group or anything

thanks

Ok, so I have a backup set that is using hard drives as its media. Currently, the BackupSet is on its third drive (for this backup set). The problem is that I am starting to get errors on the third drive in the set, so I would like to replace the drive and either A: rebuild from the third drive only, or B: retrieve all files from JUST the third drive (not the first two). If I can retrieve everything from the drives, I could then start a new backup set.

On a side note, is there a way to "see" inside the .RDB files? pOr is there a way to "see" inside the retrospect 6 database files? I don't have anything copy protected since its just my home files, and not a big work group or anything

thanks

If you are trying to replace a hard drive my suggestion is to use Carbon Copy Cloner, you should be able to clone the hard drive at the block level to create an exact duplicate. I would do this a quickly as possible, once a hard drive starts to fail you are on borrowed time. I would clone the drive with the Retro system shut down, then clone, swap and replace the drive. If you are able to make a complete clone of the drive you may be able to avoid restoring the contents via Retrospect. I can't guarantee that this will fix your problem, but it would be what I would try while you still have access to the data.