Adding Pubkey.dat After Installation

Hi - I've found that with Windows clients using a backup password (for client authentication), moving to a private/public key auth model is simple - just copy the pubkey.dat file into the client program folder ("C:\Prog files\Retrospect client" or whatever), and *boom*, the server with the private key will authenticate immediately the next time it tries. Piece of cake, don't have to reinstall a thing.

Can the same be done with the Mac 6 client? I can't find any supporting files or prefs in "\Library\Application Support" for Retrospect, and I don't know where the pubkey.dat file could possibly go, and reinstalling on this thing would be a huge pain, as I'm basically being tasked with getting this moving without knowing an admin password for this client box. (Existing Retrospect 6 installation on a Mac OSX 10.4 machine using client auth password, but nobody knows what it is... moved to cert auth for the entire office, and the Windows machines were easy to convert, but this one I'm scratching my head over.)

Edited by radiumsoup