Media Set In Use?

Hi!

I am having a problem with a Copy Backup script. The aim is to make a copy from our Daily Incremental tape to our Weekly tapes. The tape library is a Dell 132T and it has twin LTO3 drives connected to an Apple Xserve via U320 SCSI running Mac OS X 10.5.8 and the latest version of Retrospect (8.2.0 (399)) with the Advanced Tape License.

Essentially, the transfer alll seems to be going well, but periodically it stops usually during a verification step and asks for a tape it is already using. When you try to choose the tape (which is already loaded in the tape drive, it says that it already in use. There is no way to clear this apart from stopping the script and running it again. See the attached screenshot for details. There are no errors recorded in the Retrospect log or system logs as far as I can find. It just seems that part way through the verification, Retrospect decides that on one hand it doesn't have access to the media it is using and on the other hand it does and it is locking it out. What on Earth is going on?

I have already tried completely reinstalling Retrospect from scratch and reconfiguring, but the problem comes back.

Cheers, Chris W.

What kind of SCSI card do you have?

Have you updated the card drivers?

Have you updated the card firmware?

Hi!

We use an ATTO UL5D with the latest firmware and drivers for Mac OS X. Even without latest firmware, problem is that Retrospect gets itself into a state whereby it can't use media for a script because the script is using it. It seems like a variant of a race condition to me.

Cheers, Chris W.