Ntldr Missing Retrospect 7

What version of Retrospect is this?

Did the partition mapping change from the time of your backup? The boot.ini file you restored probably does not match the hardware configuration.

Hardware did not change. I did a backup of the old drive last night and finished OK. Then I did a restore to the new harddrive using the Retrospect recovery CD. That also was ok. I then tried to boot from the new drive and I'm getting the "missing ntldr" error. Is version 7.6 of retrospect.

thanks

The new harddrive is 250g vs the backup harddrive of 36g. I'm still able to boot from the old drive and I did notice that the size of the partition on the new drive was changed to the old drive partition size of 36g. The data seems to be there though.

Edited by TomTDM

Hardware did not change. I did a backup of the old drive last night and finished OK. Then I did a restore to the new harddrive using the Retrospect recovery CD. That also was ok. I then tried to boot from the new drive and I'm getting the "missing ntldr" error. Is version 7.6 of retrospect.

thanks

The new harddrive is 250g vs the backup harddrive of 36g. I'm still able to boot from the old drive and I did notice that the size of the partition on the new drive was changed to the old drive partition size of 36g. The data seems to be there though.

Ok I was able to copy ntldr from xp setup CD and now I'm getting further. I now get a oxc0000135 c000021a

If I reboot in safe mode I'm not able to logon with error "password/userid not valid"

I'm getting a little dissapointed in "Retrospect Recovery" It's a good thing that I'm just testing the restore before I do have hard failure.

What version of Retrospect is this?

Did the partition mapping change from the time of your backup? The boot.ini file you restored probably does not match the hardware configuration.

The partions in the old drive was 3 and on the new drive 2.

I got past that problem by fixing boot.ini

Now my problem is oxc0000135 c000021a Fatal Error blue screen.

If I bring up in safe mode, i can not get past logon screen, not accepting password!!!

Help