Bugs backing to DVD Ram

I'm running an Easyscript backup of All Files to DVD/Ram 9.4GB 2-sided removable disks. One side gets filled up and the program asks for another disk. I turn the disk over and the program continues to backup on the other side of the DVD. But before the second side is filled up (I think), the program ejects the disk and asks for the same (second) side of the disk again. I re-insert the same disk and the program continues to backup. This happens twice. Then the second side of the DVD gets filled up and the application ejects it and asks for a third disk. At the end of the backup I get an error message stating that the execution was incomplete. Why does this happen and what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

Please provide details on your configuration:

Retrospect Version and build

Computer Model and speed

OS X version and build

Device (from Retrospect's Configure > Devices > Device Status window)

Device firmware (in the version column of the Device Status window)

Device interface

Media brand and size

Other Devices

If an external device, please provide:

Adapter Card

Adapter Card firmware

Adapter Card driver for OS X

Thanks,

Irena Solomon

Dantz Tech Support

Thanks for your reply IrenaS. I was able to contact tech support on this issue this morning (Dantz trouble ticket #574500). As this is a new purchase for me, I was given a 30 day grace period for free suppot on this issue.

I was instructed to re-format my members using the OSX Disk Utility and perform another backup to see if the problem still exists. For purpose of placing info on the forum:

Retrospect Version 5.0.201 (I will update)

Apple PowerMac G4 500 DP

40GB HD partitioned in 2 volumes, OS 9.2 on one and OS X on the other

OS X 10.1.4

Device: Atapi-A Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D211A

Version: A109

Driver: Atapi

Brand: Panasonic 9.4 GB Type1 DVD-RAM

There were no known issues with this device in Dantz' database. My next backup is scheduled for Monday, June 3.

Archived