Difficulty backing up to Netgear SC101 NAS

sladans1ma

I am using Retrospect 6.5 and recently purchased a Netgear SC101 with 2 250GB drives that are mirrored for use as a backup target. I have about 50 GB to backup and the 250GB disks are empty.

Retrospect recognizes the drive just fine, but after writing a single Retrospect backup file (about 600MB), I get a prompt to Select a Disk to add as storage (add a new member). If I try to reselect the SC101 drive (F), Retrospect tells me that it is already in use.

If I stop the backup and check the drive, I have a single file AA000000.rdb on the disk. If I run the backup again, the incremental backup feature appears to work and I get a second file AA000001.rdb.

Any ideas for how I can get the backup procedure to properly run and properly save the entire backup?

Hi,

I wonder if the trouble your having is permissions related. Ensure that you have a user account with full administrativer permissions enabled on the NAS device, and tell Retrospect to connect with that user's credentials in Configure>Volumes>(Right-click on the volume)>Log in as...

Archived