Retrospect claims client while verifying checksum

Hofstede

I back up three machines using Retrospect version 7.5. It firsts backups the machine Retrospect is running on, then it backups two machines through the client. After Retropects finishes backing up the last client it starts verifying the backup set (checksum verify). If I perform a recycle backup the verify process takes about two hours. During the whole verify process Retrospect keeps claiming the last client it backed up (Client is in use during the whole verify process). This is not necessary because Retrospect does not need access to the client for the verify process. It should release the client after finishing backing up and before starting the verify process.

As a workaround I changed the backup script to backup the clients first, then the machine Retrospect is running on.

Marc

Hi,

Have you checked the other client you were backing up?

I tried this out only backing up two clients and found that it reserved both clients while verifying the backup set. I agree that this is a rather unexpected.

I then tried it again with both clients listed and my local C: drive as the third and last source. I checked both clients periodically and found that they are reserved through copying of each source and during verification.

Archived