CRC problem on every rbc and rdb file

donleckie

Hello,

I just updated to Retrospect Professional 7.0. I did a 60GB backup that created 104 rdb files. Each of those files generates a CRC error message when I try to copy it in Explorer or try to restore a file.

I've tried backing up to two different disk drives and DVDs. The media makes no difference.

None of the other application files are having CRC problems.

Files created by Retrospect 6.5 are okay.

Anyone have an idea what is happening?

Thank you,

Don Leckie

I just did a verify and got the entry below in the log. This was on the first file in the backup set.

+ Executing Verify at 12/27/2005 10:04 PM

To Backup Set DELL-2005-12-25a...

Can't load source session tree for 12/25/2005 9:31 PM, error -1127 (data error detected in file using cyclic redundancy check)

12/27/2005 10:05:49 PM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 242978 files, 60.8 GB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Duration: 00:01:35 (00:00:57 idle/loading/preparing)

Hi

Very strange indeed.

Try deleting the Retrospect config folder:

C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Retrospect

When you restart Retrospect you will be prompted for your license code and you will have to set up your scripts from scratch. This should take care of any potential corruption in your config files.

Thanks

nate

Hi Nate,

I removed the folder c:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\Retrospect and restarted Retrospect. Looks like rebuilding the config helped. I was able to do a full backup of c:\ to c:\, no problems. When I did a full backup of c:\ to f:\, I encountered two files with CRC problems. It looks like f:\ is having bad blocks problems.

Thank you for your help.

Don

Archived