Questions before buying Multi Server 7.0

jbarnd

I have a few questions regarding the Multiserver product.

I have a 1.6 TB server that I plan to use as our main backup server and install Retrospect 7 multiserver on. I plan on buying a new tape backup for it.

Now I have two other tape drives hooked up to two other servers. Do I have to buy more licenses of Retrospect to put on them or does the multiserver product allow me to have those servers use the separate tape drives installed on them?

That way I can have those servers backup to their own tapes and have all the other servers and desktops push backups to the main backup server.

I am wanting to get to one backup software and get rid of my old Backup Exec software.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I quote www.dantz.com:

"Retrospect Multi Server is designed for a business protecting three or more servers. It provides licenses to protect an unlimited number of networked servers, desktops, and notebooks."

The keyword here is "networked servers", so you can't use this on more than one PC for local backups.

Buy two "Single Server" licenses for the other two servers.

Regards

Lennart

Hi

The licensing is all controlled on the main Retrospect application. You can install the client application anywhere you like, you just won't be able to log it into the Retrospect server application without the correct license.

A standard desktop client license will not allow you to log in a Server machine as a Retrospect client.

Thanks

nate

Archived