Strange Retrospect behavior when classic mode is running

I'm running Retrospect workgroup 5.0.205 under Mac OS X 10.1.4. If the classic environment is not running, everything is fine. But when I start the classic environment Retrospect becomes a very bad citizen. Every 60 seconds Retrospect brings itself to the front, kicking me out of whatever application is running. Then I have to click back to the application where I have 60 seconds before Retrospect brings itself to the front again. If I quit retrospect, it restarts in 60 seconds. I normally run Retrospect with a backup server script, but even with that set to have no active times, Retrospect still brings itself to the front every 60 seconds. If I kill the classic environment, everything is fine again.

Has anyone else seen this zombie like behavior? It is truly bizarre: Retrospect refuses to die and comes back every 60 seconds. If anyone has a suggestion as to how to stop this, I would really appreciate it!

Greg

Do you have any Retrospect software that runs under OS 9? If so remove it, especially the Retrospect client or the retro.startup extension.

What version of Retrospect? Have you tried reinstalling?

If you upgraded from a previous version, try reinstalling and choosing default preferences.

Archived