Jump to content

Internal consistency check failed: Assertion check at "elem16.c-687"


Recommended Posts

Hi -

 

I'm running Retrospect Server 6.0.204 on a G4 Cube running 10.3.9 (all the latest updates) backing up to external firewire drives. I have a mixed network of windows and mac clients. Most of our backups are failing now because every time retrospect tries to access certain windows clients (from a script or just looking in the client database), we get the error:

 

Internal consistency check failed: Assertion check at "elem16.c-687"

 

And this is the end of the story - retrospect quits whatever it is doing.

 

I've tried restarting, rebuilding the permissions, restarting all the clients, and a bunch of other things. Has anybody seen this error before? I couldn't find anything on it in past forum posts.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Noah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi -

 

An update: I upgraded the backup server to Tiger (and updated Retrospect to 6.0.212). I also changed all the backup drives I had been using, and created entirely new backup sets, but the error is still there, and restrospect crashes each time it happens. The error always happens during a time when a client is accessed. It's not the same client every time, though. All clients are using the latest version for their respective OS. Does anybody have any ideas? Please help.

 

Thanks,

Noah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem here. But I'm running Tiger (10.4.2, all updated), and have Retrospect 6.0.212, and a Linux driver 6.5.108 on the client machine it chokes on.

 

I'm using a local hard drive for the backup medium, but it can't get past a certain point in the backup before Retrospect just plain quits (in my case, that point has been consistent, always after the 3rd directory on the remote client).

 

Just so you know you're not alone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I just had this problem, using the (currently) very latest Retrospect 6.1.126 application on Mac OS X 10.3.9, with the latest driver update 6.1.1.101, dated October 25, 2005.

 

The symptom was that I would be able to back up my own desktop, but as soon as Retrospect tried to access the first remote client, a Windows system (also with the very latest version of the client software, freshly installed and rebooted), it would fail with this error message.

 

My solution was to Forget the non-responsive client, then re-connect to it, log in to it, etc. (Then I had to re-add it to my scripts, which lost it during the Forget operation.)

 

Since doing a Forget/reconnect, it appears that Retrospect is having no difficulty connecting to and backing up the remote client.

 

Knock wood!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...