retro client rpm for SUSE

I'm using the trial version of Retrospect 7.0 and I want to make sure it works on my Suse 9.2 linux box.

However the trial version doesn't include any linux clients.

I dug around on the dantz ftp site and found: retroclient_65_linux.rpm

However this didn't install on Suse.....

How can I get the suse rpm? Thanks!

Searched the forum this further back in time than a week (why searching posts within one week the default setting?) and found a post the gives the steps I needed:

http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=linux&Number=53875&Forum=All_Forums&Words=suse&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=51390&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post53875

Refux, I'm glad to see that you found what you needed. I probably should have searched through the forums before installing the client on my Suse server. For what it's worth, I was able to use the RPM on my 64-bit Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 8 server without any issues. The only bit of funkiness that I've encountered is how Retrospect 7 Multi-Server handles machines with multiple NICs with the linux client (I try to add only one NIC to the list of volumes that I wish to backup, and sometimes Multi-Server seems to switch them around, it never drops the client, it just doesn't make the NIC/IP combo stick for whatever reason).

-Bex

Archived