Retrospect 6.5 - Client cannot find all volumes of server

raufdean

Hi all,

Just added another server to our network running windows 2000 server. I've installed the latest 6.5 retrospect client software.

When I run the client software on the server, it can see drives c,d,f,g - ie all volumes.

However, when I add the client to the main backup software (running on a differerent machine), it can only see volumes c and g of my win2k server, thereby missing out the one volume that I need to backup frown.gif

I am using the client software to backup a windows 2003 server with no problems. I've tried reinstalling the software, rebooting the network server etc, and am a bit stuck !

Thanks for any help,

Rauf

On the client machine, right click on one of the volumes that doesn't show up and get properties on it. Go to the security tab and make sure the System account has full control for these drives. The client runs under the System account so it can see as much as the System account can see.

Thanks for this.

I had worked around this problem by allowing "everyone" full access to the drive, then locking down the individual folders...

I'll change this to use the system account and try again.

Thanks very much for the reply,

Rauf

Archived