Maxtor One Touch II

I'm a newbie to using Retrospect, so, excuse me if these questions seem overly basic.

I am using Retrospect 7.0 Pro now, since the Dantz program that came with my Maxtor One Touch II does not work on my new Dell 8400 MCE 2005 computer!

The One Touch II drive is recognized under Disk Drives in Device manager in Windows.

It is not shown in the Environment tab from Configure->Devices in Retrospect.

1. Is this a problem?

2. Where do I find it to configure it for use as a backup drive in Retrospect 7.0?

3. Any news on whether the Express HD that comes with the One Touch problem has been "fiixed"?

Hi

This is normal.

To use your disk as a backup device, create a disk backup set.

What kind of troubleshooting did you do on your Express HD program? Its not broken - there are a lot of external factors that can cause problems though.

Thanks

Nate

Natew- thanks for quick reply.

Regarding Express HD,I called Maxtor when I found I could not use setup or restore buttons with Express HD 6, and they told me that there were problems with Express HD and .netframework and XP MCE 2005.

They had me change to Express 6.5 which I just upgraded to 7.0.

BTW, what about telling Express 7.0 where to backup since it does not indicate my One Touch II in most of the spots in the numerous places one accesses to automate backups?

Hi

Quote:

BTW, what about telling Express 7.0 where to backup since it does not indicate my One Touch II in most of the spots in the numerous places one accesses to automate backups?

Are you using the backup wizard? That makes you select a destination disk every time...

Thanks

Nate

Archived